Yoga for Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis & Osteoporosis Yoga Teachers CPD with Amy Waring
8 hour CPD Training for Yoga Teachers and Teacher Trainees
Live-online via Zoom
Saturday July 24, 31, August 7 & 14 2021
9am – 11am
Set across 4 Saturdays, you will learn to understand arthritis and the characteristics of three types: Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoporosis, the contributory factors, stages and perspectives from both science and the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda. Explore the benefits of yoga through movement, exercises, modified yoga postures, breath work, pranayama, sound and vibration, to relieve stiffness, promote joint realignment, ameliorate inflammation and how to teach appropriately, including contraindications for stage and type.
Suitable for Yoga Teachers and Teacher Trainees wanting to gain understanding for either themselves and /or their students and clients.
An optional lesson planning assignment can be completed at the end of the course to receive a Teach Yoga Specialist Trainer Certificate.
Read more about the teacher here
July 24, 9am – 11am:
Introduction, PowerPoint presentation and discussion on the characteristics of Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoporosis, their stages and the contributory factors to the causes including joint misalignment and trauma, stress, digestion. We will take a look through scientific, holistic and Ayurvedic perspectives.
July 31, 9am – 11am:
Yoga for Osteoarthritis from the feet, ankles, knees to pelvis
- Explore the feet and how they connects to the joints above them.
- Foot release, mobility, strengthening and stretching for bunions, ankle and toe stiffness.
- Valgus and Varus knee alignment.
- We will explore floor and chair based practices.
August 7, 9am – 11am:
Yoga for Osteopenia & Beginning stage Osteoporosis
- Release for the hands, wrists and upper body
- Upper crossed syndrome and the use of props to cultivate strength through resistance.
- Yoga practices to aid digestion.
August 14, 9am – 11am:
Yoga for Rheumatoid arthritis & inflammation
- An exploration of the role of the vagus nerve in managing inflammation.
- Practices including sound, vibration, breath work, pranayama and restorative yoga that spark connection to this wondering magic nerve.
Course cost: £90
Optional lesson planning assignment submission to receive a Teach Yoga Specialist Trainer Certification: £100
Bookings can be made via the website contact form or by emailing email@example.com