Yoga for Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis and Rheumatoid Arthritis - CPD Yoga Therapy Workshop with Amy Waring
October 4 2020
10am – 6pm
In this one day training you will learn to understand arthritis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and how these conditions affect the practice of yoga, and are affected by the practice of yoga.
You will learn to:
• Recognise the signs and symptoms of the above conditions.
• Understand the causes, physiology and effects of the above conditions.
• Understand how posture gets compromised when the condition becomes chronic and the issues related to this.
• Learn effective practical skills, modifications and small daily healing actions and practices that can ameliorate and have a clear effect on these conditions.
• Learn small sequences which diminish the pain and address recovery from these conditions.
• Learn how to re-educate habits to improve an overall sense of wellbeing and self-awareness.
• Learn how to interact with medical professionals who already treat the students- including the implications of medication and dosages.
• Learn how to interact and collaborate with other teachers or trainers who may be involved in the students wellbeing.
Suitable for both Yoga Practitioners and Yoga Teachers wanting to develop their knowledge and experience of working with students with arthritis.
Or,£140 for this workshop and Yoga for Obesity, Hypertension and High Blood Pressure on October 3 2020.
Please see the menu for other workshops that are currently running.
Our teachers bios can be viewed under the ‘training’ header on the menu.