CPD Workshops In Yoga Therapy
Whether you want a refresh, a change of focus or an in-depth learning experience with one of the foremost and pioneering Yoga Therapy practitioners then please contact us here or email email@example.com
Posture, Alignment & Performance with Elena Voyce
In this trilogy of workshops we will take a look at where it all began and how we evolved. The world is changing and so too is our posture, so what is good posture, what does it tell us and how does it affect our lives, our movement and our wellbeing?
These workshops provide an in depth exploration of posture and working with misalignment to give you a solid foundation for offering bespoke class programs to private clients. We will look at posture in-depth and particularly look at how our posture can influence our safety, performance, power, resilience, and recovery from injury. We will also look at major cardio sports such as running, cycling and swimming and focus on common injuries, how to avoid these and how to remain injury-free during these activities.
You will learn how to:
- Evaluate and ‘diagnose’ posture
- Assess flexibility, alignment and postural type.
- Identify main movement challenges and main practice challenges on all four levels (supine, prone, standing, seated).
- Work with twists and rotations for all postural types.
- Therapeutically apply Elena’s bespoke RASS methodology and modify asana to rebalance postural compensation.
- Identify common sports injuries related to specific sports and learn how to address them.
- Learn how long term sports-related injuries can be avoided.
- Learn how practicing small sequences before and after sports training not only prevents injuries but also enhances and improves levels of general fitness and performance on the track or in the pool.
The workshops are spread over 3 days and are consecutive- they will work as standalone workshops so there is no need to attend all three but as they are consecutive it would be an advantage to.
Day 1. 10 November 2019.
- Exploration and discussion of main postures
- Looking at the structure of posture and how posture structures us- focusing on the pelvis, head, spine, and bone positions, bone and socket postitons and how this affects mobility
- The RASS System- what it is and how it is applied
Day 2. 7 December 2019.
- Investigation of postural types, how to ‘diagnose’ them and how this impacts on the body and functional movement
- What happens to people engaged in major sports- in particular swimmers,runners and cyclists- what does and doesn’t work and why
Day 3. 23 February 2020
- Causes of injuries, how posture relates to this and how posture can both cause and cure common injuries
- Yoga to facilitate healing, recovery and prevention
When: 10 November, 7 December 2019 and 23 February 2020
Where: 15 Vaughan Avenue, Hendon, London NW4 4HT
1 day- £150
2 days- £250
3 days- £380
Who can apply: these workshops are open to practitioners and teachers who have a 6 month Yoga Alliance qualification or equivalent. Long term students of Teach Yoga or of Elena who do not hold the relevant qualification can still apply to join by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for an inspirational, educational and fun few days that will enrich your practice and your teaching!
Stack them up!
We’re excited to announce that we’re offering a range of CPD Workshops in Yoga Therapy!
We’ll be adding details shortly but here’s the rundown:
- Introduction to Posture, Misalignment, Performance and Injury. 3 Days- 10 November, 7 December 2019 and 23 February 2020
- Yoga for Stress and the Adrenal Glands, Depression, Stress and Anxiety. 1 Day- 8 December
- Yoga for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Asthma and Breathing. 1 Day- 26 January 2020
- Yoga for Diabetes. 1 Day- 22 February 2020
- Pre- and Post-Natal Yoga and the Breath. 1 Day- 17 May 2020
- Yoga as Therapy for Back Care, Joint Care and Joint Replacement. 2 Days- 19 July & 26 September 2020
- Yoga for Back and Joint Care. 1 Day- 27 September 2020
- Yoga for Obesity, Hypertension and High Cholesterol. 1 Day- 3 October 2020
- Yoga for Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis. 1 Day- 4 October 2020
1 day- £150
2 days- £250
3 days- £380